Search This Blog

People Who Are Following This

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day #70 - Dukan Cupcake Recipe (modified Chocolate Oat Bran recipe)

Weight: 161.4
Daily Loss: .4 lb


The losses continue! I am on a roll (and glad this one isn't on my stomach)  This is the 3rd day in a row, and I am hoping this isn't just a fluke but my conscientiousness is paying off. Cravings for tolerated foods has subsided quite a bit, which is both great and annoying. Great because I am not constantly thinking about my delicious chocolate oat bran muffins, and annoying because it means that all those science nerds are right: having sweet things makes you crave sweet things. Booooo. PS - I use the term "science nerds" affectionately - L.A.D.Y is an anti-bullying zone)

Speaking of  Chocolate Oat Bran muffins- I first read about these on Charlotte's Blog however I have no idea where they originally came from - maybe from Charlotte, I dunno. I tried about 12 batches and they were good, kept making them, but they were spongy/healthy/weird consistency muffins. Great for a carb free diet, but would probably not eat them if I wasn't on the Dukan't So I futzed with the recipe a bit and converted it to "American" measurements and alas, it's an actual cupcake! I've passed this out to a few friends on Dukan't and even my nieces and nephews like them. Delicious and nutritious!



Here's the recipe:


Preheat oven to 350, line muffin tin with baking cups. 

FYI - This recipe makes 12 full size cupcakes, if you want 6 full size, just cut it in half. Two cupcakes give you your daily oat bran requirement

Mix (preferably in a blender or kitchenaid, not by hand) the following:
1 c. of splenda (it's best to get the bag of it, so you don't have to open a ton of packets)
1c. Oat bran
4 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
1/2 c. cocoa powder (less if you want them less chocolaty, but I'd try this recipe first, and then futz to your liking)
4 eggs
1 c. fat free milk
1 tbsp of vanilla
1 tsp of cinnamon (or more or less, or omit, depending on your love of cinnamon)

Mix until well blended, making sure the oat bran hasn't settled at the bottom.

Pour into the muffin tins. When pouring, make sure you use a spatula to pull the oat bran from the bottom of the bowl out the spout, sort of dragging out the oat bran,otherwise some of your muffins will have no oat bran, and the last few will be all oat bran. Make sense?

Bake for 27-30 minutes, depending on how soft you like 'em. Let cool for 5 minutes, then remove from muffin tin and  let cool completely before storing. Loosely cover to store. They get a little tacky as the days go by, but that's normal, just like regular cupcakes. 

THEY ARE SERVED BEST RIGHT OUT OF THE OVEN! But obviously, this only happens when you make them, so I heat each muffin in the microwave for like 12 seconds, cause I like everything warm. Yum.

3 comments:

  1. I just tried your version of these cupcakes and they are great! Maybe I missed it somewhere, but can you eat these during the Cruise Phase? Did you eat them on Pure Protein days or only Protein Veggie days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes these are amazing. The quenched my craving for something naughty. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After I tried this the first time I wondered how it would be if we whipped the egg whites and folded them in. I tried this - works great. reduce the cooking time by about 1/2 and the oatbran is more homogeneous throughout the cupcake.

    ReplyDelete