Search This Blog

People Who Are Following This

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Before and After Pics: In Need of Motivation


Daily Weight 161.6
Mood: Erratic mood swings from total peace with where I am at to desperate to get back to my
           True Weight.

 I have been eating relatively well, with my celebration meals usually just once weekly, sometimes twice a week depending on the week's social activities, and I have been going to my beloved Bar Method classes, and am feeling really strong and healthy.....sometimes. After a bar method workout and a solid day or two of eating super Dukan, I feel like I am at peace with my weight, and maybe it's not realistic for me to think I could maintain my Dead Sea Weight aka True Weight of 155 - which (if any of you regular readers remembers - I have been suspicious of this entire Dukan Year.  Then the next day I eat a spoonful of peanut butter, sneak a few of my husband's fries, and chastise myself for these tiny cheats and remind myself of why I am not at my True Weight still.

Truth is, it's really hard to taste "normal" food once a week, and then just shut that part off of my brain for the rest of the week. I don't know if my body is capable of maintaining 155 - I don't think so, and I am sure it "is" but I don't think I want that life. I am in the same size of clothing (8 or 10, depending) as I was when I was at my True Weight, and that's what I care most about. Not my weight. Sigh. Trust me, I'll feel differently tomorrow!

Anyway, in an effort to give myself some more motivation for just eating really healthfully, in addition to Dukan (I think we all know that these two are not always the same thing- hello 4 string cheeses for lunch) I thought I'd post some before and after pics to remind myself where I've come from, and to not sweat the stupid 6 pounds.
This is me last Christmas (2010) size 12/14 approximately 180 pounds. A-line dresses were all I wore, hides the hips and thighs, ya know?



Amid my closet clean out of "fat clothes" in December 2011 approximately 156 pounds. These jeans were  size 14.


Yesterday (February 2012) - Dress is a size 8, approximately 161 pounds. Never used to wear form fitting dresses, now I love them.

I hope this helps not only me, but all of you who are trying to get back on track, or trying to find the willpower and motivation to keep going. It works, we know it, but life happens, and sometimes you have to cut yourself some slack, right? PS - I must say, I love me in this dress!

1 comment:

  1. The last pic, such a cute dress!
    You look amazing, keep it up.

    xo

    ReplyDelete