Search This Blog

People Who Are Following This

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Week 1 of Dukanifying Weight Watchers - Success!

I love when I am right (well, who doesn't really?)! First week of Getting my Dukan on all over Weight Watchers and I lost 4 pounds! Woohoo!

I know you're supposed to only weigh in once a week on WW, however Dukan has made me fall in love with daily weigh ins to keep me on track - and so I have been continuing daily weigh ins, and every day this week- it went down. Every. Single. Day.  No random 2 pounds gain overnight for no explicable reason, no telling myself I am just retaining water. It was nice. A much needed respite.

Anyway, back to me being right....I think my body just needed some re-booting after hitting a plateau. And if I learned anything this week, it's that I was eating too much on Straight Dukan...because I could. By counting my points, it's helped me to see how much I should healthfully be eating, without going overboard just because I can. 

I also saw an uptick in my fruits and veggies since they are 0 points. I know I should only have 1 piece of fruit a day, but I am done drinking that Kool Aid. Fruits are not my enemy. 

Dukan clearly worked for me, but I am trying to embrace a more long-term healthy way of eating. In my time on consolidation I am learning that I am in danger of gaining it all back, and so something has to give. I am hoping this hybrid approach works for me and not just because it's something new to my body.  Fingers crossed for an overall loss for Week 2!

1 comment:

  1. sure, just give me your email in a blog comment and what questions you have about IHS. put "IHS questions" in the subject so I don't delete it ( I get lots of spam mail)! are you a RN?

    ReplyDelete