Search This Blog

People Who Are Following This

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 1, 2013

She Lives! Lady is back!

A lot has happened in the 10 months since I posted. I finished writing my thesis, I'm about to finish grad school in 2 months, and am about to change careers (finally)! But most importantly, and definitely, crushingly disappointing....I have GAINED back ALL of the weight I lost on Dukan. All of it. Every. Single. Pound.

For those of you who just found this page, let me recap for you. I started my Dukan adventure in July of 2011 I believe, lost 25 pounds, kept it off (within 5 pounds) for about 6 months. Then I added a 20 hour internship to my already hectic schedule of a full-time job, evening graduate classes, a husband, and some semblance of a life. As one wold expect, I was/am highly stressed and anxious 24/7, which led me to start taking 2 anti-anxiety medications prescribed by my doc - which, coincidentally include weight gain as a possible side effect. I'll let you guess as to whether or not I was a lucky recipient of that side effect. Long story short - working out ceased happening, time became shorter and shorter and I had less time to plan healthy meals. I know, this is a list of excuses.

While I noticed the scale going up, my clothes still fit, and I would have spurts of doing a Jillian Michaels video at home and eating really well for a week or so, then it would end. Repeat that cycle for about 3 months. Then I noticed my clothes getting tighter,m and worse - things just not fitting me anymore. At. All. So I got serious, without a structured 'diet' and just add what I knew to be healthy, and due to budget issues (my husband was recently laid off) we have not been eating out at all which definitely helps with eating healthy. Spoiler alert: after a month, nothing has changed on the scale or in my clothing.

As one can imagine I am frustrated and so upset about this. Someone left a comment on my blog which I had neglected for so long, and I decided to share my travails with anyone who comes across this. I know I loved the structure and rigidity of Dukan, but I also know that I need moderation in the long run. Part of me knows that this was a lot of stress and emotionally eating. The other part of my knows that I am on medications with a weight gain side effect, and I am leading a super-stressful lifestyle which can spike cortisol and weight gain. Because of this, I get really frustrated and upset when I try really hard, like this last month, and nothing happens.

So, drastic times come for drastic measures, and I am going to re-join Dukan. I'm officially back. I am hoping that writing this post will give me the kick in the pants I need. In typical Lady fashion of piling more and more onto my proverbial plate (pun intended) - we're moving at the end of the month. So, I am painting/renovating the new place and of course pack up the old place, and interviewing for a new job that I may start sooner than later - all by the end of April. I do this to myself, but for some reason with me, when it rains it pours. Sigh.

Sorry for the sad sack post. It's good to come clean, though! Okay, here I go on Dukan, Take 2. Wish me luck.


6 comments:

  1. I have just discovered your blog.i am dukaning for the last month.good to hear you are back on it.like your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darcy! Glad to hear you're enjoying them. I made the Classic Dukan cheesecake recipe last night - and it was even better than I remembered!

      Delete
  2. Good luck! That must be so frustrating. I've yoyoed in (mostly) a 20-lb range for my entire adult life, and it's SO demoralizing to get back to the top of that again. I really hope Dukan Take II is going well for you in the midst of everything you've got going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I'm starting my "Take 2" today...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are doing well, I am starting Take 2 on Monday 28 October. I have to for my daughter's wedding in May next year. Anyway trust your life is back on top and you are doing well. Please inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete